The following thoughts were extracted from a talk by Perry Monaco, Head of Customer Service, Linkedin in 2015.
Creating Your Social Media Strategy.
- Understand Your Social Media Goals
- Develop new customers, promote your brand, increase your reach. Understand why these are important to you. The best goals define your course of action.
- Finding your path forward is predicated by having clearly defined goals.
- Analyse What Has Already Been Done
- Do not attempt to re-invent the wheel, learn from your competition.
- Define Your Content Strategy
- Consistently post on the same day and time each week.
- Do not post pure advertising, this is a great turn-off. People prefer content that is useful to them in a general sense.
- Be patient.
- Use someone who has good writing skills and whom you trust to post in a manner that presents your brand favourably.
- Apply common sense.
- Understand the winners and the dogs
- Use analytics to monitor your social media results; if you cannot measure it, you cannot analyse it. Avoid paralysis by analysis
- Repeat what works
If you find you are having difficulty making decisions about your business, call us at 1-855-561-4589 or Contact Us by completing the form to the right of this page. We have your best interest at hand and work for a lasting relationship with all our clients.